Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Pears on Striped Satin"


I love to pose bright colored fruit on this beautiful black and white striped satin cloth. The shininess of the satin picks up the reflections of the colors in the fruit and bounces them all over the place. Fun! To add even more fun (for me, and hopefully, the viewer) I added this little vintage glass bottle through which you can see a distorted version of the stripes and additional colored reflections. Altogether, a really complex little painting.

Title: "Pears On Striped Satin"
Medium: Oil on canvas, mounted on board
Image Size 6 x 9"
Unframed
Sold

2 comments:

Balog.A.B. said...

wooow...like it ...good job:)

Judy Jones said...

Thanks, Pictura
I love to paint these shiny black and white stripes until I'm about 3/4 of the way the painting. Then, I vow I'll never paint them again....until the next time. Judy