Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Winter Fruit Medley

This is a little looser than I normally paint, and I'm pretty pleased with myself. It is a direction I am pursuing - some days better than others.

During the winter, the variety of fruits and vegetables available for a still life becomes somewhat meager. However, to the rescue come the yellows, reds and greens of lemons, limes and grapes. They are quite happy in each other’s company and hang on to their good looks much longer than their summer cousins. I appreciate them. Enjoy.

Title: “Winter Fruit Medley”

Medium: Oil on canvas on board

Image Size: 5 x 7 inches

Unframed

Sold

4 comments:

Debbie Shirley said...

Lovely! Love the colors. The grapes just seem to glow.

Judy Jones said...

Thanks, Debbie. Grapes are fun to paint, being somewhat translucent and all.

Ric / Life N Canvas said...

Wow! very beautiful. I like it very much!

Judy Jones said...

Thanks, Ric. As I said in the description, it was the beginning point of a looser direction.