Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"A Breath Of Spring"


Tulips are just fun to paint! I was immediately attracted to these beauties because of their luscious pink color. Like satin – or silver - tulips have great shine where the light hits them. When I placed them, along with some Baby’s Breath, in this old, silver pitcher, I was delighted by the way the pink reflected so beautifully in the silver.
One of my favorite props is this beautiful cutwork cloth. It added some textural contrast, interesting design elements and rhythm to the composition. I placed the two tulips on the cloth so that their leaf shadow would fall down the cloth, creating a three dimensional feel. I added the sweet, vintage cup for balance and because it had a tulip on it.

Title: "A Breath of Spring"

Medium: Watercolor on 140 lb. archival paper.

Image Size: 13.5 x 18”

Framed Size: 22 X 27”

Framing/Matting: This painting is double-matted, under glass, in a beautiful wooden frame. The color of the frame is silver and champagne with subtle texture.

Click Here For Detailed Images and to Purchase

No comments: