Friday, December 10, 2010

Warmth

It is so gloomy, cold and wet here in Oregon that I was inspired to name this still life "Warmth" just to feel a little of that summer sunshine, and because the overall feeling in this original oil painting is one of warmth. The coral roses are from my garden and appear in a few of my paintings every year. They always seem to want to be placed in this vintage brass vase which holds and reflects them so beautifully. The covered dish in the background adds a note of cool and serves as an anchor for the painting. The little glass bottle in front was just fun to paint and balanced the composition. Enjoy.

Title: “Warmth”

Medium: Oil on canvas mounted on RayMar board

Image Size: 8x10 inches

Unframed

Click here for more photos and to purchase

2 comments:

Raymond Logan said...

Hello Judy,

I hope you don't mind, but I just added you to my new website "The Daily Painters List."

Here is a link: http://www.thedailypainterslist.com

Thanks.

Raymond/3
www.raymondlogan.com
www.raymondlogan.blogspot.com

Judy Jones said...

Hi Raymond,

Thank you so much for including me in your list of wonderful artists. I am excited and honored.

All the best, Judy