Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Abundance

Every year I look forward to the middle of summer when my Hydrangeas bloom. Although they are a difficult and complex flower to paint, I can never resist painting them. Their range of blues and deep pinks get me every time. Although I started this painting at the end of the summer, I really got bogged down with it and didn’t complete it until November. I placed the flowers in a square, glass vase and paired them with a lovely blue and white covered ceramic jar. As a contrast to all the blues and violets, I added this wonderful copper kettle which promptly stole the show! Abundance, indeed. Enjoy.

Title: “Abundance”

Medium: Oil on canvas mounted on RayMar board

Image Size: 8x10 inches

Unframed

SOLD

1 comment:

Pat said...

beautiful - and a much needed glimpse of summer!